Sunday 14 October 2007

Selsey Bill & Pagham Harbour

After work, my family and I took the small trip East to Selsey where a summer plumaged White-billed Diver which had taken up residence for apparantly as long as a week!! On arrival it had disappeared from everybodies views but was relocated shortly after. Showing at range but still close enough for positive ID. A Mediterranean Gull was by the car park.

This Starling was a very brief distraction from the Pectoral Sandpiper but my attention was soon back with the wader! (c) Ashley Howe

Shortly after I located the Pectoral Sandpiper at White's Creek, I sat on the mud as it approached me instead of I approaching it! Eventually it came to about 2 foot away, too close to even use the camera.


Pectoral Sandpiper showing unbelievably well at Pagham Harbour, approaching me ridiculously closely. (c) Ashley Howe

No comments: